True Blood Radio 150: “And When I Die”

WHAT a season, Truebies! The epic True Blood season 4 finale gave us plenty to talk about in this week’s True Blood Radio. Liz is back, so join us for our wildly disorganized discussion of “And When I Die” plus a look ahead at season 5 and an announcement about the first annual True Blood fan survey!

Even though True Blood is on hiatus, we aren’t! We’ll continue with our weekly vidcasts as well as bringing you the latest news, spoilers, and exclusive interviews during the nine months until we return to Bon Temps.

1. Kelly H

September 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I absolutely went CRAZY when I watched this season’s finale! OMG the ending when Tara got shot rocked me to my core and I couldn’t stop yelling “NO!” and “WHAT?” to the TV lol! Sooo many crazy things happened in this episode, I’m not surprised u guys couldn’t keep everything organized, it was just insane! Such a way to leave us, with all these cliffhangers!

Russell’s dug up & gonna be back..kinda not a surprise there since they didn’t give him the true death and just buried him so u knew sometime he was gonna come back…but ugh I wonder how this is gonna play out.

When Nan & the “gay stormtroopers” were killed i thought that was awesome!! Eric & Bill work GREAT together and i hope they have them do that more often! Nan was such a bitch and not to mention annoying just how she talked. But one thing I was surprised u guys didn’t mention was that after she said her final job would be to deliver the true death to Bill & Eric, she said that she was just gonna be next and that they should team up & try to take down the AVL and Authority and that they wouldn’t be alone..so there might be some story line in Season 5, angry vampires that are going more against the Authority that don’t want to mainstream or something & reek all havoc, who knows.

The one thing that I was kinda sad about was that Rene came back and told Arlene that Terry had some bad “ghosts in his past that would be coming back” or something along those lines, & I just find it sad for Arlene cuz she was so happy that Terry came around & hoped that the world would “stop kickin her in the teeth like it always has” so I’m sad that they are gonna make Terry out to be a bad guy some how, but hey it’s True Blood, no ones lives are gonna be good for that long!

Also, I just wanna say, JESSICA ROCKS! I loved her this season for figuring out who she is & growing up before our eyes. She is just so sexy in the finale!

Lastly, Sookie i love u! I’m sad that you didn’t chose either Bill nor Eric but she obviously needs to take some time to herself to figure things out. I thought it was funny how Eric was acting during that scene, like when he smiled at her after Bill said he would be fine with her & Eric if that made her happy. I dunno, his face was just making me laugh! But I’m also glad Sookie laid everything out on the table, especially what she explained about how every one of them has lied to eachother, that was a good line. I’m excited to see what is next for our Sook!

Only time will tell…ugh this is going to be a LONG 9 months!

September 14, 2011 at 11:00 am

Indeed, but we will do our best to keep you entertained during the 9-month pregnancy. LOL!

2. Jessica

September 13, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Thanks to Liz and Mel for doing these podcasts every week and running such an awesome site! I had so much listening to you all this season, and I’m looking forward to spending the oh-so-sad downtime listening to you girls this fall!

September 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

Aw, thanks Jessica! We’ll try not to disappoint you!

• Granna

September 17, 2011 at 11:36 am

DITTO, Jessica! Well said! This is my Number 1 favorite TB site! And I do love the podcasts!

3. Cara Downey

September 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm

me too… I have been reading the interviews that Nelsan, Kevin and Runita have done in the past 48hrs or so… It is good to know that once the dust clears, Tara and Jesus will be back for season 5 it just remains how will Alan have them come back… I’d like to see Lafayette get assistance from Jesus on how to use his power to thus turn around and then bring Jesus back to the living… Tara I think that turning Tara into a vampire would be a great story arc, and maybe develop Tara as a character… I am just glad over all that Kevin Alejandro will be back in some aspect for season 5, I just hope that it is among the living and he is in future seasons…

4. justin

September 13, 2011 at 6:30 pm

so what did you ladies think of cobys an lisa’s halloween costumes,,,,

• Cha

September 13, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I though Lisa’s pushed to envelope way too far. Let the children stay children as long as they can. I have to admit at first I thought she was dressed up as Arlene lol until she said who she was suppose to be.

5. Kelley Nasr

September 13, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I really hope we have several more seasons of True Blood. I absolutely love love the books, in fact I kind of want to go back and read them from the beginning again because the show has kept things so different! I would really like to see the Fairy plot to develop more on the show and Sookie show how strong her powers can really be. I’d also like for Sookie and Eric eventually back together! I’m so sad they only lasted a season 🙁

6. Kim O

September 14, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Ginger’s medal should read “Friend of the Vamps”.

Eric knows more than Bill about the Authority, per Nan. Hmm.

Why did the Authority order Nan to deliver the true death to both Eric and Bill?

• Granna

September 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

Eric is 700 years older than Bill. He’s been around much longer and has probably met many more vampires than Bill and been far more involved with vamp politics.

The Authority ordered that under no circumstances could a vampire kill a human. Penalty is the true death (if they got caught). Since Bill killed Marnie and Eric killed Roy, their penalty is the true death. Since Nan is gone I wonder how their penalty will play out next season. Will Russell keep the Authority too busy to think about Eric and Bill?

7. Kim O

September 14, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I think that Andy’s sex with the fairy will be key in S5. The promise he made to protect her cannot be broken. Also, he’ll need to be off the V to help Terry with his issues with his war buddy, per Rene’s warning.

• Cha

September 15, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Yeah me too I was thinking back to the premier when they were talking about how the Fairies use to rape humans on earth to procreate so that they can maintain their existence because the vampires have almost made them extinct. I’d bet $$’s to doughnuts that chick will be preggers in season 5. It will be interesting to see where they go with it. We know for sure it will be coming back otherwise why do the scene. Poor Andy did need some lovin’ 🙁

8. ara410

September 14, 2011 at 5:13 pm

im kind of upset about sookie and eric, can’s she find true love with anyone who is not a vampire or werewolf ? why can’t she find true love in a real person who won’t make her suffer.. what are they gonna do with her? pass her around like crack with every vampire??

• Granna

September 17, 2011 at 11:47 am

Believe me. Real people can make you suffer just as much as vampires!

• Granna

September 17, 2011 at 11:52 am

Besides, with real people she can hear their every thought. Remember when she told someone that she tried to date a couple of people but because she can hear everything, it just didn’t work for her.

With shifters and weres, their thoughts are harder to read so that “might” work.

9. Lauren

September 15, 2011 at 11:52 am

What a finale! Absoultley loved it! Alan Ball is a genius!

*possible spoilers*
    When I was listening to your predictions on who the black wolf was and you mentioned it being Patrick I had a sudden memory flashback of book 5 and the pack leader contest and that one of the wolves in the contest was a guy named Patrick! Although they have different last names!
    Not sure if it will be linked or not but it’s something to ponder on for 9 months!

Love your podcasts and the work you guys do. 🙂

10. Granna

September 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm

What I want to know is who released Russel. Eric, Bill, Alcide, and Pam are the only ones I can remember that knew where he was buried.

Are Eric and Bill going to be on the run from the Authority for killing Marnie and Roy? Did they release him so they could have his assistance fighting the Authority? Is Pam’s jealousy SO bad that she released Russel to get back at Eric? If so, what about her having to obey Eric’s commands? Could she even release Russel?

Were Russel’s powers so great that he was able to call someone else to release him? They are casting for a new female vampire(?). Even though Russel preferred males, how do we know if he make any female vamps or not?

And regarding Jason … Alcide and Debbie told Sookie that weres are born, not made. But they also considered werewolves to be “above” and “separate” from other weres and shifters. Also it’s only been a week or two since his escape from Hotshot. If werepanthers can be made, it may take more time for the transition to take hold.

It will also take a while before we can know if any pregnancies resulted from his rapes. Probably not until the end of season 5 or beginning of season 6 unless they do another time jump like at the begining of this season. (I choose to think that TB will continue for many seasons!)

11. rebecca

September 19, 2011 at 2:00 am

wow cant believe thats season 4 over with already, totally love all the trueblood seasons it made my monday mornings something to get up for, if anything i would like more episodes for each season.
    im also wondering what else sookie can do with her fairy powers, i think we have only touched the surface of what she can really do, which will make her a powerful character against all supernatural forces in true blood.
    the start of season 4 showed a different side to eric, the feelings he had for sookie was real, i never once had to think “is he up to something” bill on the other hand cant really work him out , especially since season 3 when his true reasons for being with sookie came to the surface , i dont no what do you guys think do you think theres feelings there for sookie from bill or do you think his playing another game. another character i really love is jason he makes me laugh with the funny quotes he comes out with, there was one inparticular from a different season when he said to sookie ” to try and read his thoughts was trespassing ” i totally love all the characters in true blood each and everyone makes true blood the best show that made my monday mornings an excitement to get up for, cant wait now for season 5 and see what that holds, but until then i will wait for season 4 to enter the shops so i can purchase it and add it to my collection of all the other true blood seasons that i have.